The formulation of the question is often underestimated. But it is essential, because the question posed has an influence on who participates. Additionally, the question posed determines the course of the discussion and thus also the result of the participation. It can be useful to test the question in advance, e.g. with people from your target group.
- Is the question understandable and interesting or too abstract for my target group?
- Does this question give me the information that I or the decision makers need?
- Is the question clearly formulated?
- Is the question asked too broadly and does it provoke answers that are difficult to compare?
- Is the question too narrowly formulated and does not take up the range of opinions?